Due to the anticipated high heat coming our way Dr. Teresa Snyder, Superintendent of Schools, has graciously offered use of the Heatly School Library located at 171 Hudson Avenue for use as a cooling station. The Library will be open today and Monday through Friday of next week from 7am to 5pm. All residents in need are invited to stay, watch movies and enjoy the air conditioning during this time.
Those in need when school is not open should contact the Village Office at 518-273-2201 during regular business hours and we will make arrangements.
As always, if you have any emergency call 9-1-1 immediately.
Parks and Recreation Director Maggie Alix and Park Director Tom Mullins have announced that the Paine Street Park opens for the season starting on Monday, July 2nd. The hours are 9am to 9pm Monday through Friday, although the park will be closed on July 4th. The sprinkler park will be open during the day, as well as Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6-8 pm.
Mayor Ellen McNulty-Ryan, Fire Chief Bob Bourgeois and Police Chief Chris Parker offer the following Heat Safety Tips:
1. Schedule outdoor activities carefully: Avoid strenuous outdoor work, especially during the late morning and afternoon hours. Pace yourself if you must work outside.
2. Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of fluids
3. Wear appropriate clothing: remember light weight, light-colored, loose fitting
4. Wear sunscreen outdoors
5. NEVER leave children or pets in vehicles
6. Avoid hot and heavy meals
7. Stay away from sugary or alcoholic drinks
8. Keep pets hydrated
9. Check on vulnerable or elderly family members or neighbors
10. Stay informed: watch or listen carefully for media warnings related to heat emergencies
11. Always call 9-1-1 in an emergency
12. STAY COOL
Happy Independence Day, stay safe and enjoy.